Sunday, December 21, 2008

Power of innocence




This is winter. I see lots of stray puppies here and there. Today I went to see a movie, and I was deeply absorbed talking to my friends in the theater premises. Something touched my ankle and out of reflux I jumped and then tried to see what touched me? It was a small newborn puppy! So innocent and adorable was he, that all my anger and apprehension vanished in seconds. He was still moving around my legs and squeaking as if he doesn't fear me at all. All my emotions transformed into love and care for him and I simply hushed to keep him away.

I realized he was physically vulnerable. He can't protect himself, yet nothing harms him. This is sheer power of innocence.

Why nature created all the newborns so helpless, vulnerable and adorable? All the newborns stretched on this planet follow the same pattern. Isn't it interesting? Even if this has developed due to “Natural selection”, then what is the reason behind that? Does this give better protection to newborns? Why newborns are so helpless and dependent on others?

I am not reaching for any conclusion or giving any theory, all I know is that since that puppy was helpless and innocent, it gave him better chances to survive.

Paradoxically sometimes submission is the best defense :)

No comments: